Deadwood Living
Deadwood Creek, which drains a considerable area in the western part of the county, flows into Lake Creek, which in turn flows into Siuslaw River. Deadwood Creek got its name in early days because of the dead timber snags adjacent to its banks, the result of extensive forest fires in the Coast Range. Deadwood post office, named for the stream, was established April 15, 1884, with Thomas Pope first postmaster. The office was near the mouth of Deadwood Creek, It was discontinued to Greenleaf June 15, 1914, but reopened February 15, 1950.


Stories about Alpha Farm

Visit the Deadwood Trading Post for more information 
about Deadwood and the artists that live there.